Saturday, June 13, 2009

Double think

Here's one family that is floundering in self deceit and self defeating behaviors.

The nephew writes and sandblasts the aunt for perceived "attaks" on his father,

which he could have only gotten through his father emailing him of the "attacks"

then writes to "apologize" after hearing that Auntie has blocked their email,

but sends a copy to daddy to get his approval,

copying exactly the pattern of his father in the double speak manipulation.

I'm sure he wet his pants when Auntie responded.

I can't help but wonder, why you would write me an aplogy knowing,

or thinking you knew you were blocked?

Then send a copy to Dad, as if to say, OK, I apologized

knowing she won't get a copy.


From: F
Date: 4/25/2009 8:48:39 PM
To: Auntie L
Cc: f's father


Aunt,
I apologize about any hurtful things I said.
I am truly sorry for that.
What I thought might be helpful I allowed to turn hurtful.

I had read a little on the MI subject emails you sent.
I had no problem with them.
It's all very interesting.
It's just when it appeared that you were
attacking my dad again for expressing interest in the online
group that you requested that he join
that I made the mistake of responding with that email.

It seems that you started the emails shortly after
my dad requested that you not contact him.
Maybe a coincidence.
Once again, I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions on this.
But it's all really none of my business
and I'm not sure how I ended up
on your thread anyway.

I still think it better that we not send emails to each other as we have
discussed.
Judging from your comments I take it that you could use the
same break. But then again you said you blocked my email.

signed F


Dear F:

I thought I HAD blocked all of your family's email.

I've always admired you F.

I don't know why you turned ugly towards me.

I only clicked on "reply all" when your dad began harrassing me

with his business offers after disowning me (within the same week).

I tried to stay positive by offering, instead knowledge and information

that can save your children from a bi polar life.

Again, you don't have to like me, love me, respect me or even know me,

but you do want to save your children from the lives

your Uncle, me and and your poor dad have had.

It is not a fun way to live.

Now your little cousin has been diagnosed with Bi Polar

and she is so happy to hear that there is an actual cure.

That life can be changed.

That she doesn't have to infect her babies.

Read about it on the other web sites and ignore mine.

I'm only trying to provide information.

I have no business to join, no money to be gained, nothing of value to exploit;

I offer all the informtion I do freely.

I joked with my sister,

"What is the opposite of Growing Together as F said,

would that be shrinking alone?

Well perhaps it is.


I have shrunk alone for now 60 years.

I don't want you and your kids to.


By the By, I didn't request that your dad join anything;

there was nothing to join,

there was a weekend conference I paid dearly for that

they allowed us to invite people to view at the last minute;

he was just home from his surgery and I thought he could use some good viewing time

as he had nothing but bedrest to look forward to;

there was nothing to join, no group to exploit, no business venture to be had;

it was a one weekend deal I offered to everyone for whom I had email addresses

because I am an altruistic type person.

Anyway if you know how to get rid of your addresses and

those of your siblings so they don't pop up

when I press the first letter in their name, please let me know; I don't have them saved in my address book, but because I pressed "reply all" they seem to be like a virus on my computer now."

I would truly like to not communicate with your family any further

as all I have gotten is grief from you all.

I have your youngest brother's address seperatly as he has always been my friend

and my favorite; that is a different story.





To: F
Subject: Clinical curiousity

I can't help but wonder, why you would write me an aplogy knowing, or thinking you knew you were blocked? Then send a copy to your dad, as if to say, OK, I apologized, knowing she won't get a copy.

FYI, that's called double think. In John in the New Testiment he talks about Double think or double speak. It's a way of saying the two different, even opposite things at the same time, and managing to feel quite fine about it. When we begin to recognize things like this in our thinking, we begin the road to recovery (see lickin and groomin web site for directions on metacognition If you are interested. Double think runs rampant in my family of origin, siblings, cousins and probably back to Cristobol Colon Baca and Geroge Jacobs I at least. This too can be taken out in one generation by recognizing it, teaching about it, and standing guard in our own minds 25/7

No comments:

Post a Comment