Wednesday, May 13, 2009

If truth were a pill you should get a patent

Dear Growing Together,


If truth were a pill you should get a patent

and sell it for huge bucks a pop.

Secrets are way over rated.


This is not an apology or "letter of repentance"


I just sent this one to the "one in charge" and I feel better.

Dear Brother:

Just wanted you to know what I just did.


We were fine. We were twitter-paited.

We had something most older folks don't find in a winter marriage.

We had each other, we had passion and we had fun.

Then he said, "Let's be more active in our church"

I said, "we are very happy, why not leave things they way we are;

I slept less than 4 hours a night,

spun into a psychotic manic episode unparreled

by any I have been aware of in a life time of bipolar,

nothing like my new husband of less than three years had ever seen;

even with heavy medication it was hard to come down;

for a month on medication and sleeping pills

I was still sleeping only 3 - four hours a night and vomiting

and coughing up heavy green speutum evey morning;

All the symptoms of swine flu appeared plus some.

Except I didn't have it.

I stopped the hypocritical pretence;

The morning headaches were reduced;

the vomiting has stopped and the antibiotics have been allowed to work.

The mood stabalizers are doing their thing,

and I can go to sleep at night and wake up later

to take the sleeping pills which get me through the rest of the night.

I was going to put this on a pretend blog,

but I started vomiting and coughing again,

realizing how manipulative that would be,

and how deceitful it would be.

I'm tired of deceit and manipulation.

That is all I have gotten from you "leaders" and others since started

to try tp be like you want me to be.

That won't happen again.


We were happy.

We were enfatuated.

I didn't care about my husband's strange habits.

I do care about his hypocracy and his holier than thou attitude

since he has decided to follow your advice.

From:
To:
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 5:48 AM
Subject: Re:

My dearest brother

Thank you so much for not passing judgment.

After all when I land my plane;

hopefully without anymore damage

(I've been fired as a substitute,

fired from my chiropractor;

fired by my family doctor,

on suspension or possibly expelled from my university,

quit the church,

nearly divorced my husband,

and nearly busted my back digging and hauling huge rocks)

maybe I can be sane for a little while then be

depressed again for the winter like always and crawl back into

my little Algernon hole.



Thank you for being my brother.

I know you had no say in the matter,

but at least you've stuck with it and haven't disowned me.



I've been trying to clean my yard and the one next door.

I plant my extra grass and flowers over there

so it will look better from here and be safer for the little kids that live there.

I called the home teacher and his companion to task on it

and called Housing and reported the dangerous conditions,

maybe someone will help me.

The little kids worked hours over the week end

picking and digging sticker weeds and fox tail grass.





Dear Sister,

Since you have sent this to me, I have to take it you want me to know about it.

I find myself unable to give you any words of advise or consolation.

Some people are really "with-it" for their church.

Some people PRETEND to be really "with-it" for their church.

Some people want to be just somewhat affiliated with their church

-- you know -- me over here and the church over there.

Some people can't stand any church.

Many, many people can't stand those who PRETEND to be all churchy,

and use this for power or gain like Gadianton robbers.

Maybe someone could start up a "church of sorta-saints" with just

five Commandments (each member chooses which five)

and five percent tithing when you feel like it and shortened scriptures

(five chapters of Genesis plus

any five Psalms plus any five chapters from the

Book of Romans) and just five meetings a year.

Only that would not cover the real problem.

In my proposed sorta-church, you would still have people saying,

"You are worse than me, therefore I am better than you.

Stay worse, because it makes me look better."

One of my Sergeants in the Army said in my hearing,

"Why does my belly start to hurt when I get here in the morning

and keep hurting until I leave in the afternoon?"

And the Army is not even a church!

Your (Blood) Brother


Dear brother;
My second husband wanted to start the "First church of Non Believers"

when we were married.


My dear sister,

Years back you did me the great service of putting me on to

my manic-depressive disorder, lithium carbonate and

Dr. Cassanova to put it all together.

Since then, I have been at times like

I am able to leap tall buildings at a single bound,

and times when I felt like my feet were in buckets of concrete

that I could barely drag around.

But I have had an idea what was going on.

Dad never knew that.

In a manner of speaking, that time when you blew up in my face,

in my house, was a great favor to me,

because it has enabled me to understand

a little of what is going on in my own mind.

Knowing that I am seriously mentall ill

(and you taught it to me!)

has made it possible to sort of allow for it,

as when walking in a high wind, one leans into the wind.

Usually I can put on a fair imitation of

someone who is NOT seriously mentally ill --

or at leaset make myself scarce during the worst times.

I am like the man who crawled under his porch

to try to get away from the voices in his head.

An officer of the law shined a flashlight down there and asked,

"Fred. What are you doing?" He was able to get away with saying,

"Just checking for termites and termite damage, Officer.

Thank you."

Love, your Big Brother





Dear Brother;

Good, I guess I haven't been able to "fake til you make it",

but I do try, and I'm so sorry for blowing up at you,

really don't even remember, though.

I am really sick now.

this university thing has put me over the edge.

I see my shrink tomorrow. Hopefully he can help get me back down.

I was almost there when I got the suspension notice

which was based on no warning, no notice and no facts.

I have contacted the national president and am

attempting to get a disability attorney or

heaven forbid Civil liberties attorney.

Where is Paul when he is actually needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment